Getting multiple auto insurance quotes online is one of the best ways to find cheap auto insurance. If you’re wondering how and where to get multiple quotes, you’ve come to the right place. When looking to get auto insurance quotes from multiple companies, you may find it to be a bit of a challenge. You could go to several insurance company websites and fill out numerous forms to get multi-quotes, but that can be time-consuming.
Or you can find a website like this one that can show you how to get multiple quotes at once from several different online auto insurance companies with a free quoting tool. Enter your ZIP code to compare online auto insurance rates for free right now and get multiple quotes at once.
Why should you shop for multiple auto insurance quotes?
If you’ve had the same auto coverage for years, there’s a good chance you could save money and get a better policy by switching companies. That’s why many people look into getting multiple insurance quotes online.
A new policy could mean:
- Better coverage
- Better online support
- Improved customer service
- More affordable insurance
- More deductible options
What’s the best way to look for a new insurance policy?
Shop around and get multiple insurance quotes to compare with your current policy. Getting car quotes from multiple companies is the easiest way to find the best rates.
Wondering how to get multiple auto quotes? Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of this process and use our tool below to check multiple quotes at once.
Shopping around for auto insurance policies allows you to compare rates and coverage levels between various insurers and specific policies. The reason this is important is that different companies charge different rates for similar policies.
How can I get an auto quotes comparison? Your first step should be to locate an insurance comparison tool and fill out the short questionnaire.
You will be asked questions about yourself, your location, your driving habits, and your vehicle, which will help provide accurate multi-quote rates.
- Once you submit the form, you’ll get insurance quotes from multiple companies. Using a free online quote tool like the one on this page is the best way to get multiple quotes at one time.
- It’s important to read the quotes in detail and pay attention to more than just the multiple auto insurance policy rates.
- You should read through each policy, compare them to your current policy, and compare each one of your multiple insurance quotes against each other.
- When choosing a new policy, it’s important to get quotes from at least three different companies. This is best accomplished by using a comparison tool, which can usually get multiple quotes at once.
- The goal of this step is to find the most coverage for the least amount of money. There are many different types of auto insurance coverage to choose from. Only picking the coverage you need will help you save money.
- To help you better understand what you could be paying for coverage, take a look at this table.
If you find a policy you like but can’t afford the rate, you can try changing your deductible amount in order to lower your monthly costs. You should also speak to a licensed insurance agent about discounts that may be available to you. To summarize:
- Use a comparison tool to receive free multiple auto insurance price quotes (you can also get multi-auto policy quotes through comparison tools)
- Review each quote
- Narrow your policy choices down to two or three
- Review the auto insurance discounts you are eligible for, including multi-car discounts, a multi-policy discount, good driving history, bundling with renters or homeowners coverage, and more.
- Read on to learn the next step in choosing your insurance policy and use our comparison tool to get car insurance quotes from multiple companies.
Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates by Driving Record (Top 10 companies)
Once you’ve chosen your company and policy, it’s time to activate it. This can usually be accomplished by choosing your payment terms and using a credit card to purchase your policy.
You’ll need to:
- Purchase your new policy
- Make sure your new policy is active
- Cancel your old policy
|Companies||Average Annual Rates with a Clean Record||Average Annual Rates with One Accident||Average Annual Rates with One DUI||Average Annual Rates with One Speeding Violation|
As you can see, rates can increase greatly if you have a DUI on your record. Some companies will charge you more for that one speeding ticket you got a year ago, while other companies are willing to overlook it. Getting quotes from multiple companies will help you find the best fit for your situation.
Does age affect auto insurance rates?
With age comes experience. Newer drivers have less experience and are more likely to get in an accident. Oftentimes, younger drivers pay higher rates than older drivers for the same coverages, as can be seen in the chart below.
Average Monthly Auto Insurance Rates Based on Age, Gender, and Marital Status
|Age, Gender, and Marital Status||Average Monthly Auto Insurance Rates|
|Married 60-year-old female||$187/month|
|Married 60-year-old male||$192/month|
|Married 35-year-old male||$204/month|
|Married 35-year-old female||$204/month|
|Single 25-year-old female||$225/month|
|Single 25-year-old male||$241/month|
|Single 17-year-old female||$630/month|
|Single 17-year-old male||$752/month|
How does credit score impact auto insurance rates?
Many auto insurance companies believe that if you have a good credit score, you will be less likely to file an insurance claim. This will cost the company less money. Those with a better credit score will often receive lower rates on the same coverages. The chart below compares rates from top companies based on credit score.
Average Annual Auto Insurance Rates by Credit Score
|Companies||Average Annual Rates Based on Good Credit||Average Annual Rates Based on Fair Credit||Average Annual Rates Based on Poor Credit|
How does your ZIP code affect auto insurance rates?
Where you live can greatly impact your auto insurance rates. Not only the state but the city and ZIP code you live in will either raise or lower your rates. If you live in an area with a high theft rate or a lot of natural disasters, your auto insurance company will charge you more. However, if you live in an area with great crime statistics, your rates can go down for the same coverages.
What other factors affect average car insurance rates?
As mentioned above, there are many factors auto insurance companies consider when determining your rates. Other factors companies consider include your commute, the make, model, and the number of vehicles you have, and the coverages you purchase. For example, if you purchase a luxury vehicle, you will pay more for auto coverage. Because the cost of repairs and replacement parts are more expensive, your insurance company will pass those costs along to you.
What’s the bottom line?
To get the best insurance rates, you need to comparison shop. Wondering how to get multiple auto insurance quotes? Let’s go over the basics:
- Use an online quote comparison tool like the one on this page to get multiple auto insurance quotes.
- Fill out the online tool as accurately as possible so your quotes are correct.
- Compare auto policy quotes and coverages from different companies with your current insurance policy.
- Choose your new policy based on those quotes from multiple companies.
When you get multiple auto insurance quotes, you’re able to best determine which rates fit within your budget. Get free auto quotes online by using a comparison tool like ours. Take your first step and compare multiple insurance quotes instantly by entering your ZIP code into our free quote tool for affordable auto insurance online.